Is Miami Beach Good For Families?
Once again, it’s time to plan your perfect family vacation. But where should you go? Miami Beach is known for crazy parties, active nightlife, and adult fun, but is it a good place to take your family on vacation?
Miami Beach is a great vacation destination for families. Children and their parents will love the sandy beaches, exciting museums, water-related activities, and exploring the botanical beauty of Miami Beach. Miami Beach offers entertainment for the whole family.
Miami Beach is a fantastic vacation destination for families and good for kids of all ages and their parents. Miami Beach promises an unforgettable experience for you and the young ones if you visit the right places.
Good Family Fun In Miami Beach, Florida
The main reason families like to visit Miami Beach is to experience the beautiful beaches that Miami Beach has to offer. Your family will love breathing in the fresh salty air, building sandcastles with the pearly white sand, and cooling down in the bright blue sea.
People are surprised to learn that there is more to do in Miami Beach than chilling out on the beach. You can take the kids on trips to multiple magical museums, explore the natural beauty of its botanical gardens and boardwalks, and spend hours at the famous Lincoln Road Mall.
Soak Up The Sun At Southern Pointe Park, Miami Beach
If being on the beach is your ultimate vacation activity, look no further than Southern Pointe Park. Situated at the most Southern tip of Miami Beach, South Pointe Park will not disappoint.
Accessible through the park is a spot known for paddleboarding and surfing. Kids can cool down in the waves under the watchful eyes of trained lifeguards, the sea clearly visible from atop their colorful lifeguard towers. Umbrella and chair rentals are available.
South Pointe Park has all the facilities to ensure a fantastic time. The toddlers and smaller kids can get wet and wild in the Kids’ Splash Pad. There is even a motion-activated mini splash zone for kids, complete with water cannons!
The 450-foot South Pointe Pier is perfect for fishing, with spaces to cut bait and wash fresh fish. You and your family can watch surfers and kayakers from its various viewing stations.
Four Family-Friendly Things To Do In Miami Beach
Miami Beach’s soft sandy shores and big blue waves are perfect for relaxation, but there is a limit to how many sandcastles little ones can build, and splashing in the waves won’t keep them entertained forever.
Here are some other activities for you to enjoy with your family.
1. Museums Made For Family Fun
Nothing makes a kid sigh and yawn like the thought of going to a museum, but the museums in Miami Beach aren’t where vacations go to die; it might just blow your family’s collective minds.
- Museum of Illusions. Situated on Lincoln Road, the Museum of Illusions is filled with interactive 3D illusions. Snap a picture of your daughter diving into a pool of treasure or your son scaling the wall of a skyscraper. The photographic possibilities can only be limited by your imagination.
- The Bass. Treat aspiring artists of all ages to a trip (or three) to The Bass. They offer educational and inspirational art programs and camps. Little ones can play with paint in the Bass Babies class, while more intensive classes are offered to teenagers. They even host a monthly family art day, where the whole family can create art together.
2. Stroll On Miami Beach Boardwalk
Miami Beach Boardwalk is a must-see (or should I say must-walk?)
Starting down at South Pointe Park, the most Southern point of South Beach, all the way north to Indian Beach Park, this pathway stretches an uninterrupted 7 miles and is perfect for jogging off excess energy or stopping to take in the breathtaking view.
Although open to all ages, toddlers and young kids love running up and down the boardwalk, while parents can stop, rest, and absorb the vastness of the ocean. Bring a food-filled basket and enjoy a lovely family picnic along the way.
3. Explore The Miami Beach Botanical Garden
As advertised on their website, The Miami Beach Botanical Gardens is a true “tropical oasis in the heart of Miami Beach.” Kids can play and enjoy the wide-open spaces while you relax and breathe in the scent of orchids and diverse flowering trees.
This picturesque park has three acres for exploration and discovery, including the
- Japanese Garden
- Native Garden
- Great Lawn
- Koi Pond
- Wetland Garden
- Edible Garden
Miami Beach Botanical Garden hosts a multitude of events and offers guided and audio tours to indulge families wanting to be educated on their horticulture. They promote art and culture programs, environmental education, and cultural tourism.
You can even rent the garden for a family event of any size. The Japanese Garden is covered with a selection of native succulents, plants, and flowering vines. The Banyan Room is perfect for indoor and outdoor events, overlooking the terrace and lawn.
You can even rent all three acres of the Entire Garden, having exclusive use of it all – the Great Lawn, a beautiful patio overlooking the Koi Pond, the Japanese Garden, and the scenic trails connecting the whole park.
Did I mention admission is free?
4. Shop At Lincoln Road Mall
Everyone loves the mall, so the family is guaranteed to love the great outdoor Lincoln Road Mall.
Lincoln Road is a 10-block promenade, home to an assortment of shops, boutiques, and restaurants. You and your family can window-shop, catch a movie, and grab a quick bite to eat.
Lincoln Road Mall hosts many recurring events, always kid (and dog) friendly. Join the weekly free yoga classes and see live concerts. There is even a Farmers Market every Sunday.
Best Family-Friendly Hotels In Miami Beach
Miami Beach has some wonderful kid-friendly hotels that go above and beyond your family’s needs.
- Hotel South Beach. This beachfront hotel, with its 600-foot private beach and four pools, is eco-friendly and offers entertainment for children and adults. Its Kid’s Club is a fun, safe space to drop off your kids when you want to indulge in some child-free activities.
- Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach. The hotel mostly consists of family residences rather than hotel rooms. Their kids’ program, AcquaMarine, is open to children aged 4 to 12 and offers ocean-related activities. The Kids’ Room has a complete gaming center. While they are sufficiently entertained, you can explore their world-class spa and restaurants.
- Carillon Miami Wellness Resort. This hotel has apartment-style rooms that are perfect for families, overlooking either the Miami Cityscape or the Atlantic Ocean. It boasts a spa, pool, and a variety of restaurants and offers access to discounted family activities like rock climbing.
- The Hotel Savoy & Beach Club. This hotel is so family-friendly; even dogs are welcome! With two pools and 200 feet of private beach, the family can unwind and cool down. The poolside bar is a plus, offering food and drinks.
- The Miami Beach Edition. The basement skating rink and bowling alley provide hours of family entertainment. Adults can expect mouthwatering cuisine at the award-winning Matador Room, but there are restaurants on the resort with exclusive kiddie menus.
Miami Beach will be fun for the entire family. Kids and adults can enjoy the soft sandy beaches, dip in the sparkling blue water and explore Southern Pointe Park. Other activities include hiking in Miami Beach Botanical Gardens, exploring the Miami Beach Boardwalk, shopping at Lincoln Road Mall, and visiting exciting museums with your family.
Miami Beach is a good destination for families, with plenty of world-class child-friendly hotels and resorts to accommodate your entire family.